What are cookies?
Cookies are small files stored in your web browser to help the website interact with you. Without cookies, every time you visit a new page the website thinks you are a new visitor. This would mean for example shopping baskets would empty each time you clicked onto a new page. If you would like to read more about cookies , Wikipedia has a detailed article.
What if I do not want cookies stored on my browser?
You can block cookies via your web browser. You can find out specific instructions for your browser via Google. Please note though we provide no guarantee against unexpected results should you choose to block cookies on this website.
What cookies do you store on my browser?
Details of the cookies we use on this site are listed below:
- collect - Type of cookie: Targeting | First or third party: Third party | Session or persistent: Session | Purpose: Used to send data to Google Analytics about the visitor's device and behaviour. Tracks the visitor across devices and marketing channels.
- CookieMessage - This records the answer you gave regarding accepting our cookies. Without this the cookie notification would pop up every time you went to a new page. Expires in 180 days
- PHPSESSID - Allows the website to function correctly such as retaining a shopping basket. Expires when browser shutdown.
- PHPSESSID - Type of cookie: Necessary | First or third party: First party | Session or persistent: Session | Purpose: Preserves user session state across page requests. |
- _ga - Type of cookie: Analytical | First or third party: First party | Session or persistent: Persistent – 2 years | Purpose: Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses Our Website.
- _gat - Type of cookie: Analytical | First or third party: First party | Session or persistent: Session | Purpose: Used by Google Analytics to throttle request rate.
- _gid - Type of cookie: Analytical | First or third party: First party | Session or persistent: Session | Purpose: Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses Our Website.